One of the delights of life is eating with friends; second to that is talking about eating. And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends.
Laurie Colwin

Monday, July 30, 2007

What Happened to Seven?


Well, if you read my blog, you will see that I only posted two entries in June, and here it is July thirtieth - tomorrow's the last day of the month, and not one recipe got posted here during the seventh (my favorite number) month of this year.

First of all, I've been a little down because last July was when my lovely dad Anthony got suddenly and unexpectedly sick, and it only got worse from there, so I have been thinking about him - and missing him - a lot.

Next I have been really swamped at work and swamped at home with a little decorating (but I'm not complaining).

Then came Harry Potter. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie, which I saw at midnight the night it was released in a regular theatre in my neighborhood and then again a week later with everyone from work at the IMAX Theatre at Lincoln Square. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am. My least favorite HP book became my most favorite HP movie. Go figure. Go see it!

And finally, oh finally, 12:01 a.m., July 21, 2007. The release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The last book. (Hooray. Sob.) I had it in my hands at four minutes after midnight and read it s-l-o-w-l-y, starting Saturday morning and finishing it on Sunday at noon. I LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. I cried, and I laughed, and I cried some more, and I exchanged emails with my HP friends, and now I am listening to Jim Dale's recording. (No, not right this second.) I won't tell you - I can't tell you - how many copies of the books in different versions I got to wrap up and put away for posterity. I swear to you, I am a normal person.

Well, almost.

I'll post more recipes in August. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I don't actually know you, even in blog-land, and this is rather late, but -- I'm sorry about your father.

    ReplyDelete