Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Olivia's Brownies

This recipe is adapted from Cooknotes, a cookbook published by The Atlanta Junior League. I got the cookbook - and the recipe - from Jane. I don't know who the Olivia of these brownies is, but it's not my Olivia. I make three different brownie recipes, and this is my go-to, standard, everyday one. It's easy and has good texture. Best served, of course, with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.

2 1-oz. squares unsweetened chocolate
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Butter and cocoa powder for baking pan

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and cocoa powder an 8-inch baking pan. With a wooden spoon mix all ingredients in order in a bowl. Pour batter in prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment